Wednesday 20 February 2013

Rise of the Guardians Review

-->
--> Hey guys! Josh here giving you my first review for Blackribbonreviews please leave feedback and tell me what you would like us to review :D

Rise of the Guardians
Directed by Peter Ramsey
Being a huge Dreamworks Animation fan I was really looking forward to watching this film, and I have to say how could I not. A classic good VS evil story involving the classic characters that we have all known since our childhood like Santa Claus the Tooth fairy, Easter bunny, Sandman and Jack Frost.
The trailer which I saw back in April really hooked me with its quality line up of voice actors:
Chris pine (Jack frost), Alec Baldwin (Santa), Jude Law (Pitch boogie man), Isla Fisher(Tooth Fairy) and Hugh Jackman (Easter bunny).
The film itself however the was very similar to the Marvel Avengers concept, of different heroes coming together to fight an evil which threatens the world, which funnily enough I was OK with.
Being Dreamworks though they add a few twists in the concept and presentation of the characters we thought we knew for example Santa Claus being covered in tattoos and resembling a biker, or the Easter bunny being represented as a Australian warrior, I personally loved this it created fantastic humour and character development.
The plot itself is very plain and basic nothing really stood out to me but I can overlook that being a childrens film. What really stood out to me was the amazing CGI, Fantastic! The different particle effects they use for the characters powers are breathtaking and the contrast between the colours really creates an amazing display.
overall really enjoyed this movie and I would recommend to kids and to some adults 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment