Saturday 13 April 2013

Meat Loaf LIVE Last Bat Out! - Birmingham NEC - Quick Review!

I'm still having trouble remembering which day it actually is seeing I spent more time travelling than actually at the concert, so do excuse the size of my review!

As you can see on the poster, it says a concert in 2 parts! The first half is a mix of his newer stuff and anything else after Bat out of hell. The second act is the whole album with film snippets from a documentary between songs and then a few little extras throughout. One being the guitar solo from Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird on a Union Jack Guitar!

Practically raised on the album as a kid, this was a must. We only heard about it a few weeks ago and found there were tickets available! (Should still have some about!) So Dad and I jumped in the car and travelled 3 hours up to Birmingham's LG/NEC arena. The show was about 2 hours 30 minutes and surprisingly was filled with more middle-aged men than many my age!

Meat Loaf is getting old, no doubt about it. He has lived the rock n' roll life and is defiantly showing the signs of age. His voice is very raw and can't compare to the past, yet he is aware of this and toned himself down and pushed the music up a little more to compensate for it. However in recent years he is looking a lot thinner than before, it probably has something to do with the movement of his hands when he is signing... All I could hope was that the camera group wouldn't use Photoshop on the footage...

Tickets were a decent price, accessibility was very good and left us with a few empty rows behind us to jump about and sing Bat Out Of Hell and I'd Do Anything For Love (Still feeling it in my throat). I got a few little bits to say I had been, I also got a couple tiny videos, which I shouldn't really have taken. I will also stick a few of the pictures I took below for you to peek at. If you wish to see the videos, leave a comment below and I shall upload them!

Overall, the show was great fun, great music and a great atmosphere. I'm normally used to seeing people bleeding with no shirts on or things along those lines when I come out of a show but it was fairly civilised!
A must-see for any Meat Loaf fan! GET SOME TICKETS!

Just before the show, you can see that we were a little far back but next to some beasty speakers!
Mid-show, sorry for the lack of quality. My phone doesn't zoom in to far!


No comments:

Post a Comment