Thursday 28 March 2013

Lil Wayne's I'm Not a Human Being II -Review-

Only heard about this a couple of days ago, which I find very odd but it was probably better that I didn't get myself excited for it's release.

Musically this album is brilliant, many variations in backing tracks make it so tracks don't blend into a constant stream. The variations are created and demand good lyrical content to push them further.

Lyrically the album is a bloody mess. I've loved Lil Wayne for years, I still think he's pretty badass but when you constantly shout 'pussy' in all of your songs, you begin to ignore the drone of his voice.


There's a few songs that catch my attention throughout the album that are the good from the 17 song album. 'Hello', 'Rich as F$#k',  'Love Me' and the return of 'Hot Revolver'' featuring Dre. Two of these happen to be singles, so they already stand out from the pack, and 'Hello' looks to reflect Wayne's rock album, Rebirth, which the 'Hot Revolver' originated. Why he has done this?, no one apart from Wayne will know. It may just be the cough syrup that had an influence on this album causing him to change it up...

Looking back at his albums, there were some that were poor to my taste and this appears to be one of them. However he manages to pull it back at some point or another. A redeeming factor to this album is the length, at approximately 72 minutes, you get plenty for your money (even if the majority is him rapping about sex and referring to pussy alongside Souja, who has to be one of the worst rappers alive). Compared to the lyrical capabilities of I'm not a human being 1 and The Carter IV, this album is getting 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment